Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tattoos and Aging

Photobucket

We hear a lot of people that don't like tattoos or doesn't want someone to get a tat, use the old "but what about when you get old? What's it gonna look like then?"
Don't let that stop you from getting a tattoo but it should make you think about all that goes with getting a tattoo. Having a tattoo brings along some responsibilities if you don't want to wind up like the guys in the cartoon.
  • After care doesn't stop once the tat heals up. To keep it looking good you need to keep it moisturized
  • Use sunscreen when outside if the tat shows. Sun is an enemy to the ink and can fade it out.
  • If the tat does start to fade then get it touched up. Tattoos need work every so often, depending on how well you take care of them, to keep them looking good.
  • Your age, skin type and how well you take care of it and how well your body tolerates the ink, all effects how long your tat will stay looking good.
You've paid good money, sometimes lots of it, to get a beautiful tattoo so keep taking care of it so it looks good for many years to come. And about that age thing, well, we all get old and when you are 80 years old is the tattoo really going to matter? None of us at that age will be looking like we are 20 so what difference if you have tattoos? It will of course be better if they look good so work on keeping them that way.
Or, you can be like me and not start getting your tats until you turn 50. Less time to have to keep them looking good ;-}
Here are some tattoos that I like no matter how old the person is.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





Be sure and check out these other great bloggers over at Bloggerella!

Find more blogs at Blogerella



Share this post :







web tracker

9 comments:

annies home said...

tatoos are too cool

Delaney said...

I think so too!

Jennifer said...

Awesome tattoos!

Came over from MBC/Follow Me group. Just wanted to drop a line and let you know I'm following you now!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Hi, I am now following/subscribing to you through Follow Me Club.

(I had trouble figuring out your first blog listed, let me know how to follow/subscribe over there.

Savvy-Motherhood said...

awesome art work. you should check out my friend johns work. he is well known and mags have featured his work. his art hangs all over the world actually. on top of a very long resume' I can actually say .... "i knew him when" I go way back with him. I keep saying that I want to get a tattoo and just still can't figure what I want still.
check him out. he is based out of GA now. people fly all over the place to see him. http://www.seppukutattoo.com

Stacy Uncorked said...

I think tattoos are cool, too - I have 2 and plan to get another one with a friend of mine when we're visiting them this summer...haven't decided on what yet, but it'll come to me! ;)

Delaney said...

Deciding on what to get is always the most difficult thing. I have so many that I would love to have that if I had the money and did them I would just about be covered in tats. Good thing money is an issue!

HP toner said...

Wow! Can you say HOTTT! I dunno because myself personally I think tattoo's are the biggest think on your self presentation. I mean everybody is seen differently since they express different persona's, but what if they get a tattoo, will it make you look at them differently?? I don't think so because I can only judge a person if I know them. If I know a person that means I more or less know everything about that individual and their life, and with them having a tattoo, being it I have accepted them already for who they are, the tattoo would simply express a part about them that I already know about. So, to others it may look like a mysterious design, but to me, it's as normal as humans that come with a set of two hands.

Delaney said...

HP:
As you say, tattoos are expressions and representations of the wearers likes, dislikes, ideas etc. and is just a part of them like anything else on their bodies and should not be a basis for deciding if the person is ok or not.

Thanks for commenting!