Friday, June 12, 2009

More Foot Tattoos

I have thought long and hard about getting a foot tattoo. I love most of the ones I have seen and since I run around without shoes most of the time I would have a fairly easy healing period and everyone would get to see it :0)

One of the things that has held me back is wondering how painful it will be. Now I know from experience that the level of discomfort/pain is differnt for every person and on different places. I heard that the wrist was a painful area but my wrist tat didn't bother me except for a spot or two. I just know that there isn't much under the skin on feet to protect you from being right on top of the bones so I am a bit chicken so far.

Also, this is one time that the choice between a color tattoo or just black ink is an issue. I have a collection of great foot tattoo pictures that are in color and just black and I have read that a black ink tat on the foot lasts longer between touch ups than the color tats do. I love florals and just don't know which way I would go.

Here are some foot tattoos to give you some inspiration.



 
 


See why I said it is difficult to decide - color or black - just look at how great either one looks!


Find more interesting blogs and bloggers at Blogerella
Find more blogs at Blogerella


web tracker

Share this post :














7 comments:

Days of Whine & Noses said...

i love that last one!

Delaney said...

I love butterflies but I already have 2 of them so I need to go with something else but I do love that one as well.

Au Naturale said...

Hey Delaney...perfect timing! My being an African American, I think the black tatts would look better. I visited a tatt shop last week and inquired about a tatt on my foot, he said to please consider this: skin on the hands and feet tends to age 5x's faster than any other part of the body...YIKES!! So, being in my 40's that def gave me food for thought. But I can't help looking at the black butterfly on the back of the foot!! I'm inspired, indeed!!

Wendy said...

I love the 2nd one and last one. Nice! I could never get a tattoo like that. I got henna done on my feet and it lasted about a week or so and by the time it was gone I was really glad. I'm not big on "permanent". I get tired of stuff. I like to admire it on other people, though! :)

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

I just love your blog. I get my dose of ink when needed just by stopping by. Stop by and pickup an award from my site :)

Delaney said...

@Au Naturale

I'm 54 and I think about the foot tats :0) so what if they age? When you get that much older it won't matter. My main concern with foot tats is the upkeep on them is high. They need to be redone more often than other tats.

@Wendy

Not everyone is a good candidate for tats and if you change your mind a lot then they probably aren't for you.

@Mommy of 2 Girls

Thanks a bunch!

Anonymous said...

My manicurist and hair stylist both have foot tats and the color faded fast - one was an adorable ladybug and it made me want to run out and get one - but within the first year it's now just a dark spot and needs to be re-colored. I think I'll skip the tats for now. I hate needles but I love looking at pics of everyone else's! I would go w/the black ink - the tat you showed on the heel is gorgeous!
P.S. I'm feeling better today - I get to change phys therapists and go back to my beloved Agador! Yay! Hugs!