Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Women and Larger Tattoos

Women getting tattoos at all is still a bit of a stretch for some people to wrap their heads around especially when they see a woman with a larger tattoo. This should not stop you from getting whatever size tattoo that you want particularly if the design really calls for it. The more the mainstream individuals sees women with great tattoos, no matter the size, they will start to get used to it and maybe, if we are lucky, start to appreciate the ink for the art it is.


I have two smaller tattoos and one larger one and I don't regret any of them especially the large one. When done well, larger tattoos showcase the tattoo artist's work and look great as seen in these examples:

back89

 

cherry blossom back tattoo

 

fairy-tattoo-11627860189084

 

 

image

   This is my tattoo

 

Ink when done by a talented tattoo artist is beautiful so don’t let the size of the design worry you. Plan the placement of the large tattoo so it can be covered when you want to or need to due to work restrictions. But don’t be afraid to get it because of what other people might think. If you want it, go for it and show off your ink proudly.  I do and don’t regret it. People that matter won’t care and those that do, don’t matter.

 

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,

,,,

 

Blogger Labels: Women,Larger,showcase,artist,placement,restrictions,People,examples,tattoos,tattoo

 

 

Find more interesting blogs and bloggers at Blogerella

Find more blogs at Blogerella

 

 web tracker

Share this post :                          

7 comments:

Sandy said...

All beautiful and very interesting.

Chan @ Chanmeleon said...

I'd love to see some more posts here! I just commented on your J&K post on your main blog today.

Your Japanese inspired piece is lovely - I have a Hindu inspired piece on my back. I'm saving up for another tattoo, can't wait!

Gemma Parker said...

Thanks for the gorgeous pictures! Tattoos fascinate me, love your blog!

Anonymous said...

cool tattos

i am here from ‘follow me group’ at mbc..to let you know i am following you..

please follow me too…my rss feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheSelfLoveProject

i have 40$ worth giveaway on monday..do visit..

Ariskygal said...

Nice blog! I bookmarked it in delicious so I wouldn't forget to check back. I think many women are either afraid of the pain of a large tattoo or the impression they will make. I have seen a lot of very beautiful large tattoos and some that are just not well done. It pays to do your research and find an artist you really like. Who did yours?

www.acehbarat.info said...

Hello i'm rose
thanks..nice blog...
keep update im still waiting and drop EC (please drop and follow me too)

miss U

Aceh Barat

midlife slices said...

I love some of these but they are way too big for my taste. I'm glad I can finally comment. I've come a few other times and couldn't find a link to click to comment no matter how hard I looked.

Nice site!